当地政府设法将这个小镇惊魂变成了世界著名的贸易中心

邵樊片八年级英语期中试卷一、听力(共 20 小题,每小题 1 分,计 20 分) A. 听对话 下面你将听到 10 小段对话,请根据所听到的对话,选 出正确的选项,将其序号填入题前的括号内。每段对话读两遍。1. How did Uncle Wang go to school when he was a student? A. B. C.
2 What’s Tom’s computer usually used for? A. B.C.3. Where are the two speakers? A. B. C.4. Which country has Peter just been to? A. B.C.5. What type of book is Daniel reading? A. Travel. B. Novel. C. History. 6. What place would Sandy like to visit? A. Seaside cities. B. Chinese gardens. C. Theme par ks. 7. What are the two speakers talking about? A. The trip to Beijing. B. The plan for the holiday. C. The food in China. 8. How long has Tony stayed in the city? A. For one week. B. For two weeks. C. For three weeks. 9. What does Ben do after school now? A. To play basketball. B. To do his homework. C. To help others. 10. What are the two speakers doing?第 1 页 共 13 页 A. They’re playing games on the phone. B. They’re looking for a restaurant. C. They’re calling for help. B. 听下面的对话和短文,每段对话和短文后有几个小题,请根据你所听到的内容。从所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出一个适当的 答语,将其序号填入题前的括号内。每段对话或短文读两遍。听下面一段对话,回答 11~12 题。 11. What party did Bob go to yesterday evening? A. A birthday party. B. A dinner party. C. A reading party. 12. Why did Bob enjoy the party? A. Because he met new friends. B. Because he got new books. C. Because he had a nice talk.听下面一段短文,完成 13~15 题。QQ is student’s favourite letter To talk about The ways of using QQ To 13 To exchange t 14 good article To make a record of their lives The reasons of using QQ 13. A. housework 14. A. put 15. A. helpful 16. What day is it in the story? A. Tuesday. 17. What class is Tom in? A. Drawing. 18. What did Tom draw? A. A dog. A. In the middle of the class. 20. What do you think of Tom? A. He’s kind. B. He’s lazy. C. He’s honest. B. Some bread. B. At the end of the class. C. Nothing. C. After class. 19. When did Tom hand in his homework? B. Math. C. Chinese. B. Wednesday. C. Thursday. It’s 15 to their friendship and they can relax and C. hobbies C. search C. thankfultalk freely. B. homework B. make B. harmful听下面一段短文,完成 16~20 题。第 2 页 共 13 页 二. 单项选择(共 15 小题,每小题 1 分,计 15 分)21. --- Simon has gone abroad to have ____________ European tour. --- Oh, really? It must be ____________ unusual trip for him. A. a B. an C. a D. an 22. If you want to open a file, please __________ the icon. A. click on B. hit on C. put on D. touch on 23. They got married ____ 2010. That means they have been married _____ 2010. A. since, in B. since, since C. in , since D. in, in 24.--_______ your father to drink coffee? -- Yes, but he has been used ________ milk now. A. U to drink B. U drinking C. U drink D. U to drinking 25. Broadway has been famous _____ its theatres since the early _______ century. A. twenty B. twentieth C. twenty D. twentieth 26. If you are ______ their way, British people will be polite enough to _____ till you move. A. wait B. stop C. wait D. stop 27. Amy couldn’t stop _________ when her friend told her the funny joke. A. to laugh B. laughing C. laughed D. to laughing 28. This car is Mrs. Lee’s. She _________ it for over 10 years. A. has had B. bought C. has bought D. had 29--Must I go to the medical school and be a doctor like you, Dad? --No, you _______. You are free to make your own decision. A. can’t B. mustn’t C. don’t have to D. needn’t to 30. There are too many kinds of shoes here , I can’t decide ________. A. to buy which pair B. which pair to buy C. buy which pair D. which pair buying 31. My uncle _____ Germany on business many times. A. has been on B. has gone to C. has been to 32. -- _______ you________ my dictionary? I can’t find it. --I _________ it here a moment ago. A. Do, have put B. Have, put C. Had, put D. Did, had putD. has been in33. _________ wonderful experience we had in the theme park! A. What B. What a C. How D. How a 34.His arm ________ the chair by the kidnapper(绑匪). The only way to escape was to break the rope ___________. A. as faster as he could B. as fast as he could C. as fast as possible D. as faster as possible第 3 页 共 13 页 35. ― How was your interview with the boss? ―_____. He see med interested in my experience, but he didn’t ask for my recommendation letter(推荐信). A. Perfect B. I’m not sure C. That’s right D. Couldn’t be better三、完形填空(共 15 小题,每小题 1 分,计 15 分)We are lucky to live in a rich country where we have many things. However, most of us usually 36 some things. Electricity is one thing that we waste ___37_. Lights, TVs, 38 and other things are often kept on even when no one is using them. We should turn them off when we do not need them. It 39 less than a second to do it. Anyhow, not wasting electricity save money, because we do not have to 40 the electricity we do not use. The second thing that we often waste is water. Fresh water is precious(宝贵 的), 41 it shouldn’t be wasted.It is only a simple matter of turning off a tap*. I am sure 42 can do this easily if he wants to. 43 big waste is food. My mother 44 cook so much food that much of it was thrown away. I told her we had wasted so much 45 . She thought I was right and now cooks __46_ what we can eat. It is not 47 to be wasteful. I find there is a simple 48 of not wasting things. That is to use only what we 49 . Do not touch what we do not need. 50 this way we can stop being wasteful. ( ) 36. A. use B. wash C. waste D. forget . ( ) 37. A. little B. most C. few D. least ( ) 38. A. radios B. apples C. bikes D. doors ( ) 39. A. brings B. costs C. keeps D. takes ( ) 40. A. afford B. save C. pay for D. care for ( ) 41. A. though B. because C. so D. but ( ) 42. A. nobody B. something C. everybody D. nothing ( ) 43. A. Others B. Other C. Another D.The other ( ) 44. A. planned to B. used to C. was able to D. was afraid to ( ) 45. A. electricity B. water C. food D. money ( ) 46. A. mainly B. only C. mostly D. specially ( ) 47. A. right B. fine C. bad D. necessary ( ) 48. A. way B. thing C. plan D. project ( ) 49. A. buy B. need C. bring D. get ( ) 50. A. On B. In C. For D. At四.阅读理解(共 15 小题,每小题 2 分,计 30 分)A第 4 页 共 13 页 Wuxi, China TRAVEL COMPANY Beijing is the place to go …………………………………………….. Best Beijing of 5 days From ¥799 2 nights Beijing Hotel & 2 nights Changcheng Hotel Book online or call …………………………………………….. Beijing Hotel: Close to Tian’anmen Square Prize-winning garden Bars & French restaurants Swimming pool Changcheng Hotel: Gardens with mountain views Restaurants & Cafes Night club Buses to the downtown …………………………………………….. Departure(离开) Date Price Jun.8 ¥899 Jul.29 ¥999 Aug.30 ¥799 Sept.30 ¥1299 To book, choose your Preferred departure date Business Hours Weekdays: 24 hours Weekends: 8:00 am ----6:00 pm 51. If you want to watch the national flag raising ceremony (升国旗仪式) on National Day, which departure date should we choose? A. June 8 B. July 29 C. August 30 D. September 30 52. We can NOT book by telephone at _______. A. 9:00 am, Monday B. 9:00 pm, Thursday C. 9:00 am, Saturday D. 9:00 pm, Sunday 53. According to the ad, which of the following is TRUE? A. This ad is given by a Beijing travel company. B. We can save ¥500 leaving in late August instead of late September. C. Changcheng Hotel is in the center of Beijing. D. We can stay in Beijing for four days and five nights. B Mike is a factory worker. He is often very tired after a day's work. His wife, Jenny, has no job, so she stays at home to cook the meals. Every day he can have his dinner when he gets home from his factory. One day, Mike came home very late because he was very busy in the factory. He was very hungry when he got home.第 5 页 共 13 页 He was not happy when he found his dinner was not ready. He was very angry with his wife. He shouted at her, &I'm going out to eat in a restaurant.& &Wait for five minutes,& said his wife. &Why? Do you think that dinner will be ready in five minutes?& asked Mike. &Of course not,& she answered. &But I can be ready to go with you in five minutes.& 54. One day, Mike came home very late because________. A. he wanted to have dinner in a restaurant B. he had a lot of work to do C. he was angry with his wife D. his wife didn't cook dinner 55. Which sentence is correct? A. Jenny could have dinner ready in five minutes. B. Jenny wanted to go to the restaurant with her husband. C. Jenny didn't like the dinner at home. D. Jenny didn't love her husband. C It’s never pleasant to stand in a crowded subway train. To make it worse, there’s often someone next to you eating loudly. Eating and drinking is not rare(罕见的) among Chinese passengers. Th ey may do this to save time, but the smell and noise annoys(打扰) others. To change this, the Beijing municipal government is thinking about banning people from eating and drinking on the subway. Those who break the rule could face a fine(罚款) of up to 500 yuan. Many people support the rule because they care for public manners in the city. Besides, eating and drinking on the subway is not healthy for both the eaters and the people around. But others say that sometimes eating and drinking should be OK.. “If a little child is eating on the subway, how can you fine him 500 yuan?” said Jin Bo, a news commentator. But he suggests that people start to pay attention to the issue(问题). “Eating [in public] is not only about ourselves. It annoys others. We should keep this in mind from a young age.” Beijing is not the first city in China to fine eaters on the subways. People who eat on the subway in Hong Kong face fines of up to 2,000 Hong Kong dollars(1,625 yuan). 56. Why are some people used to eating and drinking in a subway train? A. To make the food smell better B. To save time C. They have nowhere to eat D. They are too hungry. 57. The article tells us about what problem on the subway?第 6 页 共 13 页 A. People sometimes have to stand for a long time. B. It’s too crowded to move on the subway. C. Many people often talk on the phone. D. Some people are eating and drinking on the subway. 58. What does the underlined word “banning” in Paragraph 3 mean? A. 禁止 B. 支持 C. 同意 D. 默认 59. What do many people think of the rule? A. It has nothing to do with them. B. It’s good for public manners. C. They are worried about being fined. D. It won’t last for long. 60. From the article, we learn that . A. children can still eat or drink on the subway. B. Beijing is planning to ban food and drink on the subway. C. Beijing is the second city in China to fine eaters on the subway. D. people in Hong Kong are not happy with the rule. D Diaoyu Dao and its affiliated (附属) islands, which consist of(由…组 成)Diaoyu Dao, Huangwei Yu, Chiwei Yu, Nanxiao Dao, Beixiao Dao, Nan Yu, Bei Yu, Fei Yu and other islands, are in the northeast of China’s Taiwan Island, in the waters between 123°20’-124°40’E (东经) and 25°40’-26°00’N (北纬). They belong to the Taiwan Island. The total area of these islands is about 5.69 square kilometers. Diaoyu Dao, in the western tip of the area, covers an area of about 3.91 square kilometers and is the largest island in the area. The highest part on the island stands 362 meters above the sea level. Huangwei Yu, which is about 27 kilometers to the northeast of Diaoyu Dao, is the second largest island in the area, with a total area of about 0.91 square kilometers and a highest height of 117 meters. Chiwei Yu, about 110 kilometers to the northeast of Diaoyu Dao, is the easternmost island in the area. It covers an area of about 0.065 square kilometers and stands 75 meters above the sea level. Ancient ancestors ( 远古祖 先 ) in China first discovered and named Diaoyu Dao through their fishing activities on the sea. In China’s historical books, Diaoyu Dao is also called Diaoyu Yu or Diaoyu Tai. The earliest historical record of the names of Diaoyu Dao, Chiwei Yu and other places can be found in the book Voyage with a Tail Wind published in 1403. It shows that China had already disc overed and named Diaoyu Dao by the 14th and 15th centuries. These historical reports clearly show that Diaoyu Dao and Chiwei Yu belong to China. The sea waters around Diaoyu Dao is traditionally(传统) Chinese fishing ground. Chinese fishermen have been involved in fishing第 7 页 共 13 页 activities in these waters for generations(世代). 61. Where is Diaoyu Dao? A. In the northeast of China. B. 25°40’-26°00’E. C. In the northwest of Taiwan Island. D. 123°20’-124°40’E . 62.The largest island of Diaoyu Dao is ___________ square kilometers. A. 5.69 B. 3.91 C. 0.91 D. 0.065 63.The largest island of Diaoyu Dao is _______ meters taller than the second largest one. A. 75 meters B. 117 meters C. 245 meters D. 362 meters 64.How did ancient Chinese people find Diaoyu Island? A. They grew up there. B. They wrote historical books there. C. They worked and fished on the sea there. D. They drank water there. 65. Which of the following is NOT true? A. Diaoyu Dao has more than 8 islands. w W w .X k b 1. c O m B. Huangwei Yu is about 110 kilometers to the northeast of Diaoyu Dao. C. China had already named Diaoyu Dao by the 14th and 15th centuries. D.The sea waters around Diaoyu Dao is traditionally Chinese fishing ground.五 词汇运用(共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,计 10 分)66. That German’s flat is right ____ (在……对面) the bank. 67. All the kids were surprised when they heard that a cow has four ____.(胃) 68.We have____ (意识到) the importance of protecting the environment. 69. He has ____ (买) the present for his mother for a few days. 70. The UK also has many places of __ (天然)beauty, such as the Lake District。 71.We mainly communicate by email. The Internet makes ____ (communicate) much easier. 72. The buildings in that poor town look far ___ than the ones here.(ugly). 73. It’s my ___(please) to give him a hand, helping others always makes me happier. 74. Celine Dion is a famous ___(Canada) singer. 75. Gulliver found himself ___(able) to move, because he was tied to the ground.六、阅读下面短文,根据短文内容完成表格中所缺信息,每空一词。 (共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,计 10 分)Reading books is a good hobby for all kinds of reasons. First, reading books is fun. You can always keep yourself pleased if you like reading. This is especially useful when the weather is bad. It is a relaxing hobby, too. You can really become lost in a book. Next, you can read a book almost anywhere: in a car, in a waiting-room, on a plane, in bed ― even in the bath. All you need is a book! Reading is a第 8 页 共 13 页 convenient(方便的) hobby as it is easy to stop and then start again. Another good reason for reading books is that it is useful. If you read as a hobby you will get better and better at it. This means that you will read faster and will become better at understanding what you read. As your reading improves, you will probably find that your schoolwork becomes much easier. Some people say that reading is out of date. This is not true. You have to be able to read on the Internet. And the better you read, the better your computer skills will be. Reading is hardly out of date! Good readers are most likely to be good writers, too. They are usually good at spelling as well, and have more things to write about. Reading books is a wonderful hobby, one of the best. What other hobbies could be more useful, or more enjoyable! Reading is a good ___76____ Reading is fun and it can also make you feel ___78____. Reading is convenient because you can read at any ___79____ and any place as you like. It can___81__your understanding and your 82 better. Reading on the Internet can improve Reading is ___80___. our___83___skills. Reading is good for ___84____. It can help you ___85___words correctly and have more things to write about.___77___七 缺词填空(共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,计 10 分)When every Apple fan was waiting for the next surprise. Steve Jobs, the founder(创始人) and former CEO of Apple, passed away on October 5th. 2011, at the a 86 of fifty-six after a seven-year-long fight with cancer. What is Jobs best remembered f 87 ? Many of us would name some great products(产品): the iPod, the iTouch, the iPhone and the iPad. They have c 88 the way we enjoy music, television, and even books. But Jobs brought much m 89 to the world than these popular products. As a s 90 businessman, Job’s passion(激情)and energy encouraged the world. He told us “do what you love”. He said, “The only thing that keeps me going is that I love w 91 to do.” He believed “People with passion can change the world for the b 92 .” Jobs made computers i 93 and easy to use. His iPhone, iPad and iTouch are popular around the world. People say Jobs sold dreams i 94 of products. As the US President Barack Obama said, Jobs was “brave e 95 to think differently, bold(大胆的)enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.八 翻译句子(共 5 小题,每小题 2 分,计 10 分) 96. 我的家乡最近几年发生了很大的变化。 第 9 页 共 13 页 97. 你介意我打开窗户吗? 98.自从她嫁给了那个作家以后就离开了自己的家乡。 99.当我想到这个难题时,我不知道向谁诉说求助。 100.当地政府已经设法将这个小镇变成了世界著名的贸易中心。 九、书面表达。 (共一题,计 20 分) 过去这 一段时间我们身边的生活发生了很大的变化。请根据 下面表格提供的信息,以“My Changes”为题用英语写一篇短文, 向同学介绍你的变化并简要说明理由。Time In the past Now Activities watch TV;… enjoy traveling and reading books…要求:1、必须包括表格中所有的相关信息 (并适当发挥); 2、词数:80 词左右; 3、不得使用真实姓名、校名和地名等。第 10 页 共 13 页 八年级英语听力材料和参考答案A. 听对话 下面你将听到 10 小段对话,请根据所听到的对话,选出正确的 选项,将其序号填入题前的括号内。每段对话读两遍。 1. W: How did you go to school when you were a student, Uncle Wang ? M: I used to go to school by bike. 2. W: What do you usually use your computer for, Tom? M: I usually use it to search for information. 3. W: Can I help you? M: Oh, I want to return these two books and renew this one. 4.W: Hello, Peter. Haven’t seen you for a long time? Where have you been? M: I’m just back from France. 5. W: What are you reading, Daniel? M: I’m reading a book about Germany in World War II? 6. M: I’d like to visit places of natural beauty for May Day Holiday. How about you, Sandy? W: I’m interested in seaside cities. 7. M: How was your trip to Beijing? W: Oh, it was wonderful. We had a lot of interesting things to do and met some nice people. 8. W: How long have you been in this city, Tony? M: For three weeks. 9. W: What do you usually do after school, Ben? M: I used to play basketball. But now I always try to finish my homework. 10. W: What are you doing with your Phone? M: I’m searching some places to eat nearby. B. 听下面的对话和短文,每段对话和短文后有几个小题,请根据你所听到 的内容。从所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出一个适当的答语,将其序号填入 题前的括号内。每段对话或短文读两遍。 听下面一段对话,回答 11~12 题。 W: Hi, Bob. You went to a party yesterday evening, didn’t you? M: Yes. A reading party among some neighbors. W: A reading party? What did you do there? M: We brought a few books we read to the party. Each of us said something to introduce his own books. In this way we all could find some new books we each liked and bring them back home for reading. W: So you exchanged books with each other. M: That’s right. A good idea to encourage reading, isn’t it? From yesterday’s party, I got two new books to read for free. W: No wonder you enjoyed it. 听下面一段短文,回答 13~15 题。 For many students, QQ is their favourite English letter. Some of them talk第 11 页 共 13 页 about homework and chat with each other. When they don’t have much homework, they exchange test answers and chat. Some students may put good articles they have found online on their blogs. They also write articles by themselves. They are about funny things that have happened around them. Others may put pictures on their blogs. It’s also a good place for them to make a record of their lives, of both good time and sad time. It’s very helpful to their friendship. Also they can relax and talk freely. 听下面一段独白,完成 16~20 题。 It is Thursday. In drawing class everyone is busy drawing pictures, but Tom is doing nothing. When the bell rings, Tom gives his picture to the teacher. The teacher looks at it and gets angry: “Why did you give me a piece of paper with nothing on it?” asks the teacher. “I’m sorry, sir,” says Tom. “I drew a dog and some bread on the paper.” “Where’s the dog and where’s the bread?” asks the teacher. “I drew the bread first. When I finished drawing the dog, he ate the bread. When I gave it to you, he ran away,” Tom answers.第 12 页 共 13 页 一、听力(共 20 小题,每小题 1 分,计 20 分) 1-5 BABCC 6-10 AACBB 11-15 CBBA A 16-20 CACBB 二 单项选择 21-25 BACDB 26-30 ABACB 31-35 CBBBB 三 完形填空 36-40. CBADC 41-45. CCCBC 46-50. BAABB 四 阅读理解 51-53DDB 54-55BB 56-60BDABB 61-65DBCCB 五 词汇运用 66 opposite 67stomachs 68 realized 69had 70 natural 71 communication 72uglier 73pleasure 74 Canadian 75unable 六、任务型阅读 76. hobby 77. Reasons 78. relaxed 79. time 80. useful 81. make 82. schoolwork 83. computer 84. writing 85. spell 七 缺词填空 86 age , 87 for , 88changed , 89more , 90successful , 91what , 92better , 93interesting , 94instead , 95enough 八 翻译句子 96. 我的家乡近几年发生了很大的变化。 My hometown has changed a lot over the years. Many changes have taken place in home town over the years. There have been great changes in my hometown over the years. 97. 你介意我打开窗户吗? Would you mind me/ my opening the window? 98.自从她嫁给了那个作家以后就离开了自己的家乡。 . She has been away from her own hometown since she married the writer. 99.当我想到这个难题时,我不知道向谁诉说求助。 When I think of the problem, I don’t know who to talk to for help. 100. 当地政府已经设法将这个小镇变成了世界著名的贸易中心。 The local government has managed to change the small town into a world-famous trade center.第 13 页 共 13 页 扬州市武坚中学第二学期期中考试八年级英语―汇集和整理大量word文档,专业文献,应用文书,考试资料,教学教材,办公文档,教程攻略,文档搜索下载下载,拥有海量中文文档库,关注高价值的实用信息,我们一直在努力,争取提供更多下载资源。}

我要回帖

更多关于 玫瑰小镇 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信