伟大的悲剧说课材料
文件类型:
资源类型:
资源大小:
资源等级:
资源文本内容预览:
《伟大的悲剧》说课稿山泉镇中心学校
陈伟华尊敬的各位评委:大家好!我说课的内容是人教版三年制初中语文七年级下册第五单元的《伟大的悲剧》下面我就从六个方面对本课的设计进行说明:教材分析
《伟大的悲剧》是义务教材人教版三年制初中语文七年级下册第五单元的第一篇课文,也是本单元的一篇重点课文。本单元以探险为主题,目的是激发学生探索自然奥秘的兴趣,培养敢于探险的勇气,集体主义观念和必要时为所热爱的事业而献身的崇高精神。提高对这类文章的阅读能力。二、教学目标结合单元教学要求和本课特点,依据新课程标准中所提出的三个维度,我将本课的教学目标确定为如下三项:1.知识与能力目标: 朗读、品味文中的细节, 感受人物崇高的精神品质。2.过程与方法目标:能在快速阅读课文过程中抓住主要信息,概括内容要点。3.情感态度与价值观目标:激起学生探索未知世界的兴趣,培养团结合作、勇于探索的精神。由于本课的重点是对斯科特探险队崇高精神品质的颂扬和赞美,又因为七年级的学生阅读理解能力还很差,所以我将本课的重难点确定为:教学重点:在朗读中深入体会作者表达的感情教学难点:理解“伟大”和“悲剧”两个关键词方法和手段《伟大的悲剧》是一篇节选的传记,篇幅很长,是进行长文短教的典范课例,文章重点是对斯科特探险队崇高精神品质的颂扬和赞美,渗透了作者强烈的主观感情,给人以巨大的精神震撼。教学中我充分利用远程教育资源,搜集有关南极的风光图片,地理常识等。运用多媒体教学使学生对遥远而又陌生的南极有一个整体而清晰的感官印象。我针对初中语文课堂的有效教学策略,将本课的重点教学内容浓缩到一堂课中。教学过程中紧扣题目,结合文本阅读体味“伟大”和“悲剧”的内在含义,重点突出他们团结合作,勇于牺牲的精神教育感染学生。四、教学流程课前欣赏:配乐欣赏南极风光图片图片导入,创设情境(此环节设计意图:关于南极同学们都没有见过,因此在布置预习时,我要求学生搜集有关本课的资料,但由于条件的限制,学生搜集到的也只能是一些文字资料。为了让学生对南极有更深刻的了解,上课前,我首先用多媒体出示多幅南极的图片,如南极天气特征“酷寒”“烈风”;文字与图片的结合必能激发学生的学习兴趣。遥远的南极近在咫尺。为学习本课创设了有效的教学情境,尤其是课前欣赏既不耽误课上时间又能使学生快速进入文本,做到了课堂内外相融协调一致,一改以往的课前插播歌曲的游离式教学。)图片欣赏过后,引入南极的常识介绍。并进一步导入新课。板书课题及作者(二)检查预习 阅读感知1.长话短说用课后词语还原故事梗概。(由于本课篇幅较长,因此,课前我先让学生做充分的预习,熟读课文了解故事情节,识记本课生词。为了让这种预习有效到位,我根据课后读一读,写一写设计了一道作业题:用课后词语还原故事梗概。这样一来,写在作业本的知识就很少有人应付了事,而且这样的连词成段练习,不但能考查学生对词语的理解程度,还能对全文的情节有个整体的把握。)2.传记由来(大屏幕出示传记的由来,增强文章的真实性,提高学生的阅读兴趣,从而引入视频资料及人物图片)3.视频播放及人物照片(珍贵的视频资料可以把读者的视线带到故事的发生地南极,带有解说的视频用几句话概括了故事发生的缘起,对理解课文内容起到了辅助作用)4.一目了然为了让学生对故事有个清晰完整的印象,我结合记叙文的六要素提问抢答回顾故事情节。为下一步研读课文做准备5.一语中的阅读初体验中最重要的环节就是整体感知,由于前面已经回顾明确了故事梗概,但是要让学生明确本文是节选的斯科特从南极折返的故事,而不是两支探险队竞争的过程。所以必须要用到下面的环节:请 用 一 句 话 概 括 全 文本文讲述了1912年斯科特一行5人,在从南极点返回的途中不幸遇难的故事。(三)速读课文
梳理脉络1.时空对接首先请学生速读课文,根据时间地点事件填表格;然后,屏幕展示探险路线示意图,重点突出斯科特探险队在南极与严寒冰雪作战的时间跨度,从而突出他们的勇敢及探险精神。2.悲情回顾此环节,老师结合刚刚梳理过的情节,用深情有力的口吻再叙说一遍斯科特队一行人悲壮覆没的全过程,进一步体会探险者的崇高品质。(四)紧扣题目
精读思考1.悲情解读出示问题,引出探究焦点,并出示说话的格式和范例,鲁迅说过,悲剧就是把有价值的东西毁灭给人看。课文题为《伟大的悲剧》,所谓“悲剧”表现在哪些方面?既然是悲剧,哪里又能体现出“伟大”?(此环节,由题目入手,提纲挈领,重点突出,水到渠成,环节更紧凑,阅读更有效)例如:我从课文的第( 2
)段文字看到了(
)之悲,从中我体会到了( 探险精神 )的伟大。关键语句是……(此环节立足文本,让学生与文本对话,有依据,有范例,总之能让学生有话说,避免空泛的漫无边际的赏析。)2.我的理解根据以上认识,谈谈你是如何理解课文题目《伟大的悲剧》的?用“悲在
伟大”的句式表述。例如:悲在失败,而冒险精神伟大(之后用仿句练习的形式进一步理解课文题目及传记的感人之处。)3.探险意义斯科特一行探险的意义何在?给后人以精神鼓舞、认识自然、实现生命价值、挑战人类自己(由表及里,追根溯源,让学生在感受悲壮的同时得到精神的感染和人类探索的深层意义。)4.解读英雄出示《真正的英雄》中里根总统的一段演讲,让全体学生齐读。(此环节目的让学生理解英雄不仅是胜利者,失败者同样是伟大的,他们有着更加撼人心魄的力量。)(五)拓展延伸
漫话探险鼓励学生自由说出一两个古今中外的探险故事.由众多的探险者身上体会那种勇于牺牲,敢于探险的精神。如:世界上第一位完成环球航行探险家麦哲伦;出使西域的张骞;东渡日本的鉴真等。最后结合本单元综合性学习“漫话探险”布置作业:根据你平时的阅读积累, 整理你所知道的其他探险家的故事,结合本单元综合性学习第二项活动 “七嘴八舌话探险”,准备展开一次小小辩论赛。正方:探险是有意义的冒险反方:探险是无意义的冒险此环节要求学生搜集有关探险的理论和故事,不但可以锻炼学生搜集资料的能力,还可以锻炼他们的思维和口才,充分体现语文学科的工具性和人文性功能。五、板书设计本课的板书我设计在精读思考部分中解读英雄这一环节,由向英雄致敬引出爱的丰碑伟大的悲剧茨威格
这是集内容和形式于一体的创新设计,符合中学生的审美标准,能勾起学生的求知欲,让学生更易于接受。课堂效果更佳。六.教后反思本堂课以《语文课程标准》为依据,以素质教育为宗旨。充分体现了新的教育理念,做到了初中语文课堂的有效教学。本堂课的设计完全是本着充分有效的利用课堂四十五分钟的原则,注意培养学生的快速阅读能力和筛选主要信息概括要点的能力。教学环节中尽量使用新鲜的词汇创新的问法吸引学生的实现使其快速集中精力,如:“长话短说”、“一语中的”“时空对接”“悲情回顾”等。合作探究疑难时,采用仿照句式说话的方式,做到了有的放矢,事半功倍,既节省时间,又锻炼了学生有条理的进行发言的能力和习惯。另外,板书设计是本课的一大亮点,既形象直观又紧扣内容重点。但是,本堂课还是有很多不足之处:一是重点品读环节时间略显仓促;二是学生在精读时关键词语抓的不够准,如:“遗孀”这个词 没有深情解读。《伟大的悲剧》说课稿龙江县山泉镇中心学校
------分隔线----------------------------
本册资源导航罗纳德·威尔逊·里根的演讲《真正的英雄》谁给你翻译成英语的_百度作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
罗纳德·威尔逊·里根的演讲《真正的英雄》谁给你翻译成英语的
罗纳德·威尔逊·里根的演讲《真正的英雄》谁给你翻译成英语的
Ronald Reagan January 28, 1986 Printer-Friendly Version Ladies and Gentlemen, I’d planned to speak to you tonight to report on the state of the Union, but the events of earlier today have led me to change those plans. Today is a day for mourning and remembering. Nancy and I are pained to the core by the tragedy of the shuttle Challenger. We know we share this pain with all of the people of our country. This is truly a national loss. Nineteen years ago, almost to the day, we lost three astronauts in a terrible accident on the ground. But, we’ve never lost an we’ve never had a tragedy like this. And perhaps we’ve forgotten the courage it took for the but they, the Challenger Seven, were aware of the dangers, but overcame them and did their jobs brilliantly. We mourn seven heroes: Michael Smith, Dick Scobee, Judith Resnik, Ronald McNair, Ellison Onizuka, Gregory Jarvis, and Christa McAuliffe. We mourn their loss as a nation together. For the families of the seven, we cannot bear, as you do, the full impact of this tragedy. But we feel the loss, and we’re thinking about you so very much. Your loved ones were daring and brave, and they had that special grace, that special spirit that says, "give me a challenge and I’ll meet it with joy." They had a hunger to explore the universe and discover its truths. They wished to serve, and they did. They served all of us. We’ve grown used to wonders in this century. It’s hard to dazzle us. But for twenty-five求:罗纳德·威尔逊·里根的演讲《真正的英雄》的英文演讲稿。
求:罗纳德·威尔逊·里根的演讲《真正的英雄》的英文演讲稿。
Ronald&Reagan&January&28,&1986&Printer-Friendly&Version&Ladies&and&Gentlemen,&I’d&planned&to&speak&to&you&tonight&to&report&on&the&state&of&the&Union,&but&the&events&of&earlier&today&have&led&me&to&change&those&plans.&Today&is&a&day&for&mourning&and&remembering.&Nancy&and&I&are&pained&to&the&core&by&the&tragedy&of&the&shuttle&Challenger.&We&know&we&share&this&pain&with&all&of&the&people&of&our&country.&This&is&truly&a&national&loss.&Nineteen&years&ago,&almost&to&the&day,&we&lost&three&astronauts&in&a&terrible&accident&on&the&ground.&But,&we’ve&never&lost&an&astronaut&in&&we’ve&never&had&a&tragedy&like&this.&And&perhaps&we’ve&forgotten&the&courage&it&took&for&the&crew&of&the&&but&they,&the&Challenger&Seven,&were&aware&of&the&dangers,&but&overcame&them&and&did&their&jobs&brilliantly.&We&mourn&seven&heroes:&Michael&Smith,&Dick&Scobee,&Judith&Resnik,&Ronald&McNair,&Ellison&Onizuka,&Gregory&Jarvis,&and&Christa&McAuliffe.&We&mourn&their&loss&as&a&nation&together.&For&the&families&of&the&seven,&we&cannot&bear,&as&you&do,&the&full&impact&of&this&tragedy.&But&we&feel&the&loss,&and&we’re&thinking&about&you&so&very&much.&Your&loved&ones&were&daring&and&brave,&and&they&had&that&special&grace,&that&special&spirit&that&says,&&give&me&a&challenge&and&I’ll&meet&it&with&joy.&&They&had&a&hunger&to&explore&the&universe&and&discover&its&truths.&They&wished&to&serve,&and&they&did.&They&served&all&of&us.&We’ve&grown&used&to&wonders&in&this&century.&It’s&hard&to&dazzle&us.&But&for&twenty-five&years&the&United&States&space&program&has&been&doing&just&that.&We’ve&grown&used&to&the&idea&of&space,&and&perhaps&we&forget&that&we’ve&only&just&begun.&We’re&still&pioneers.&They,&the&member&of&the&Challenger&crew,&were&pioneers.&And&I&want&to&say&something&to&the&schoolchildren&of&America&who&were&watching&the&live&coverage&of&the&shuttle’s&takeoff.&I&know&it&is&hard&to&understand,&but&sometimes&painful&things&like&this&happen.&It’s&all&part&of&the&process&of&exploration&and&discovery.&It’s&all&part&of&taking&a&chance&and&expanding&man’s&horizons.&The&future&doesn’t&belong&to&the&&it&belongs&to&the&brave.&The&Challenger&crew&was&pulling&us&into&the&future,&and&we’ll&continue&to&follow&them.&I’ve&always&had&great&faith&in&and&respect&for&our&space&program,&and&what&happened&today&does&nothing&to&diminish&it.&We&don’t&hide&our&space&program.&We&don’t&keep&secrets&and&cover&things&up.&We&do&it&all&up&front&and&in&public.&That’s&the&way&freedom&is,&and&we&wouldn’t&change&it&for&a&minute.&We’ll&continue&our&quest&in&space.&There&will&be&more&shuttle&flights&and&more&shuttle&crews&and,&yes,&more&volunteers,&more&civilians,&more&teachers&in&space.&Nothing&ends&&our&hopes&and&our&journeys&continue.&I&want&to&add&that&I&wish&I&could&talk&to&every&man&and&woman&who&works&for&NASA&or&who&worked&on&this&mission&and&tell&them:&&Your&dedication&and&professionalism&have&moved&an&impressed&us&for&decades.&And&we&know&of&your&anguish.&We&share&it.&&There’s&a&coincidence&today.&On&this&day&390&years&ago,&the&great&explorer&Sir&Francis&Drake&died&aboard&ship&off&the&coast&of&Panama.&In&his&lifetime&the&great&frontiers&were&the&oceans,&and&a&historian&later&said,&&He&lived&by&the&sea,&died&on&it,&and&was&buried&in&it.&&Well,&today&we&can&say&of&the&challenger&crew:&Their&dedication&was,&like&Drake’s,&complete.&The&crew&of&the&space&shuttle&Challenger&honored&us&by&the&manner&in&which&they&lived&their&lives.&We&will&never&forget&them,&nor&the&last&time&we&saw&them,&this&morning,&as&they&prepared&for&the&journey&and&waved&goodbye&and&&slipped&the&surly&bonds&of&earth&&to&&touch&the&face&of&God.&&--------------------------------------------------------------------------------&Three&days&later,&President&Reagan&delivered&the&following&remarks&at&a&memorial&service&held&in&Houston&following&the&Challenger&disaster,&Jan.&31,&1986.&We&come&together&today&to&mourn&the&loss&of&seven&brave&Americans,&to&share&the&grief&we&all&feel&and,&perhaps&in&that&sharing,&to&find&the&strength&to&bear&our&sorrow&and&the&courage&to&look&for&the&seeds&of&hope.&Our&nation’s&loss&is&first&a&profound&personal&loss&to&the&family&and&the&friends&and&loved&ones&of&our&shuttle&astronauts.&To&those&they&have&left&behind&-&the&mothers,&the&fathers,&the&husbands&and&wives,&brothers,&sisters,&and&yes,&especially&the&children&-&all&of&America&stands&beside&you&in&your&time&of&sorrow.&What&we&say&today&is&only&an&inadequate&expression&of&what&we&carry&in&our&hearts.&Words&pale&in&the&shadow&of&&they&seem&insufficient&even&to&measure&the&brave&sacrifice&of&those&you&loved&and&we&so&admired.&Their&truest&testimony&will&not&be&in&the&words&we&speak,&but&in&the&way&they&led&their&lives&and&in&the&way&they&lost&those&lives&-&with&dedication,&honor&and&an&unquenchable&desire&to&explore&this&mysterious&and&beautiful&universe.&The&best&we&can&do&is&remember&our&seven&astronauts&-&our&ChallengerSeven&-&remember&them&as&they&lived,&bringing&life&and&love&and&joy&to&those&who&knew&them&and&pride&to&a&nation.&They&came&from&all&parts&of&this&great&country&-&from&South&Carolina&to&Washington&S&Ohio&to&Mohawk,&New&Y&Hawaii&to&North&Carolina&to&Concord,&New&Hampshire.&They&were&so&different,&yet&in&their&mission,&their&quest,&they&held&so&much&in&common.&We&remember&Dick&Scobee,&the&commander&who&spoke&the&last&words&we&heard&from&the&space&shuttle&Challenger.&He&served&as&a&fighter&pilot&in&Vietnam,&earning&many&medals&for&bravery,&and&later&as&a&test&pilot&of&advanced&aircraft&before&joining&the&space&program.&Danger&was&a&familiar&companion&to&Commander&Scobee.&We&remember&Michael&Smith,&who&earned&enough&medals&as&a&combat&pilot&to&cover&his&chest,&including&the&Navy&Distinguished&Flying&Cross,&three&Air&Medals&-&and&the&Vietnamese&Cross&of&Gallantry&with&Silver&Star,&in&gratitude&from&a&nation&that&he&fought&to&keep&free.&We&remember&Judith&Resnik,&known&as&J.R.&to&her&friends,&always&smiling,&always&eager&to&make&a&contribution,&finding&beauty&in&the&music&she&played&on&her&piano&in&her&off-hours.&We&remember&Ellison&Onizuka,&who,&as&a&child&running&barefoot&through&the&coffee&fields&and&macadamia&groves&of&Hawaii,&dreamed&of&someday&traveling&to&the&Moon.&Being&an&Eagle&Scout,&he&said,&had&helped&him&soar&to&the&impressive&achievement&of&his&career.&We&remember&Ronald&McNair,&who&said&that&he&learned&perseverance&in&the&cotton&fields&of&South&Carolina.&His&dream&was&to&live&aboard&the&space&station,&performing&experiments&and&playing&his&saxophone&in&the&weightlessness&of&&Ron,&we&will&miss&your&saxophone&and&we&will&build&your&space&station.&We&remember&Gregory&Jarvis.&On&that&ill-fated&flight&he&was&carrying&with&him&a&flag&of&his&university&in&Buffalo,&New&York&-&a&small&token&he&said,&to&the&people&who&unlocked&his&future.&We&remember&Christa&McAuliffe,&who&captured&the&imagination&of&the&entire&nation,&inspiring&us&with&her&pluck,&her&restless&spirit&of&&a&teacher,&not&just&to&her&students,&but&to&an&entire&people,&instilling&us&all&with&the&excitement&of&this&journey&we&ride&into&the&future.&We&will&always&remember&them,&these&skilled&professionals,&scientists&and&adventurers,&these&artists&and&teachers&and&family&men&and&women,&and&we&will&cherish&each&of&their&stories&-&stories&of&triumph&and&bravery,&stories&of&true&American&heroes.&On&the&day&of&the&disaster,&our&nation&held&a&vigil&by&our&television&sets.&In&one&cruel&moment,&our&exhilaration&turned&to&&we&waited&and&watched&and&tried&to&make&sense&of&what&we&had&seen.&That&night,&I&listened&to&a&call-in&program&on&the&radio:&people&of&every&age&spoke&of&their&sadness&and&the&pride&they&felt&in&`our&astronauts.’&Across&America,&we&are&reaching&out,&holding&hands,&finding&comfort&in&one&another.&The&sacrifice&of&your&loved&ones&has&stirred&the&soul&of&our&nation&and,&through&the&pain,&our&hearts&have&been&opened&to&a&profound&truth&-&the&future&is&not&free,&the&story&of&all&human&progress&is&one&of&a&struggle&against&all&odds.&We&learned&again&that&this&America,&which&Abraham&Lincoln&called&the&last&best&hope&of&man&on&Earth,&was&built&on&heroism&and&noble&sacrifice.&It&was&built&by&men&and&women&like&our&seven&star&voyagers,&who&answered&a&call&beyond&duty,&who&gave&more&than&was&expected&or&required,&and&who&gave&it&with&little&thought&to&worldly&reward.&We&think&back&to&the&pioneers&of&an&earlier&century,&and&the&sturdy&souls&who&took&their&families&and&the&belongings&and&set&out&into&the&frontier&of&the&American&West.&Often,&they&met&with&terrible&hardship.&Along&the&Oregon&Trail&you&can&still&see&the&grave&markers&of&those&who&fell&on&the&way.&But&grief&only&steeled&them&to&the&journey&ahead.&Today,&the&frontier&is&space&and&the&boundaries&of&human&knowledge.&Sometimes,&when&we&reach&for&the&stars,&we&fall&short.&But&we&must&pick&ourselves&up&again&and&press&on&despite&the&pain.&Our&nation&is&indeed&fortunate&that&we&can&still&draw&on&immense&reservoirs&of&courage,&character&and&fortitude&-&that&we&are&still&blessed&with&heroes&like&those&of&the&space&shuttle&Challenger.&Dick&Scobee&knew&that&every&launching&of&a&space&shuttle&is&a&technological&miracle.&And&he&said,&if&something&ever&does&go&wrong,&I&hope&that&doesn’t&mean&the&end&to&the&space&shuttle&program.&Every&family&member&I&talked&to&asked&specifically&that&we&continue&the&program,&that&that&is&what&their&departed&loved&one&would&want&above&all&else.&We&will&not&disappoint&them.&Today,&we&promise&Dick&Scobee&and&his&crew&that&their&dream&lives&&that&the&future&they&worked&so&hard&to&build&will&become&reality.&The&dedicated&men&and&women&of&NASA&have&lost&seven&members&of&their&family.&Still,&they&too,&must&forge&ahead,&with&a&space&program&that&is&effective,&safe&and&efficient,&but&bold&and&committed.&Man&will&continue&his&conquest&of&space.&To&reach&out&for&new&goals&and&ever&greater&achievements&-&that&is&the&way&we&shall&commemorate&our&seven&Challenger&heroes.&Dick,&Mike,&Judy,&El,&Ron,&Greg&and&Christa&-&your&families&and&your&country&mourn&your&passing.&We&bid&you&goodbye.&We&will&never&forget&you.&For&those&who&knew&you&well&and&loved&you,&the&pain&will&be&deep&and&enduring.&A&nation,&too,&will&long&feel&the&loss&of&her&seven&sons&and&daughters,&her&seven&good&friends.&We&can&find&consolation&only&in&faith,&for&we&know&in&our&hearts&that&you&who&flew&so&high&and&so&proud&now&make&your&home&beyond&the&stars,&safe&in&God’s&promise&of&eternal&life.&May&God&bless&you&all&and&give&you&comfort&in&this&difficult&time.
<span class="support" topicId="4ec51" followupId="4ec <span class="against" topicId="4ec51" followupId="4ec
Ronald Reagan January 28, 1986 Printer-Friendly Version Ladies and Gentlemen, I’d planned to speak to you tonight to report on the state of the Union, but the events of earlier today have led me to change those plans. Today is a day for mourning and remembering. Nancy and I are pained to the core by the tragedy of the shuttle Challenger. We know we share this pain with all of the people of our country. This is truly a national loss. Nineteen years ago, almost to the day, we lost three astronauts in a terrible accident on the ground. But, we’ve never lost an we’ve never had a tragedy like this. And perhaps we’ve forgotten the courage it took for the but they, the Challenger Seven, were aware of the dangers, but overcame them and did their jobs brilliantly. We mourn seven heroes: Michael Smith, Dick Scobee, Judith Resnik, Ronald McNair, Ellison Onizuka, Gregory Jarvis, and Christa McAuliffe. We mourn their loss as a nation together. For the families of the seven, we cannot bear, as you do, the full impact of this tragedy. But we feel the loss, and we’re thinking about you so very much. Your loved ones were daring and brave, and they had that special grace, that special spirit that says, &give me a challenge and I’ll meet it with joy.& They had a hunger to explore the universe and discover its truths. They wished to serve, and they did. They served all of us. We’ve grown used to wonders in this century. It’s hard to dazzle us. But for twenty-five years the United States space program has been doing just that. We’ve grown used to the idea of space, and perhaps we forget that we’ve only just begun. We’re still pioneers. They, the member of the Challenger crew, were pioneers. And I want to say something to the schoolchildren of America who were watching the live coverage of the shuttle’s takeoff. I know it is hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It’s all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It’s all part of taking a chance and expanding man’s horizons. The future doesn’t belong it belongs to the brave. The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we’ll continue to follow them. I’ve always had great faith in and respect for our space program, and what happened today does nothing to diminish it. We don’t hide our space program. We don’t keep secrets and cover things up. We do it all up front and in public. That’s the way freedom is, and we wouldn’t change it for a minute. We’ll continue our quest in space. There will be more shuttle flights and more shuttle crews and, yes, more volunteers, more civilians, more teachers in space. N our hopes and our journeys continue. I want to add that I wish I could talk to every man and woman who works for NASA or who worked on this mission and tell them: &Your dedication and professionalism have moved an impressed us for decades. And we know of your anguish. We share it.& There’s a coincidence today. On this day 390 years ago, the great explorer Sir Francis Drake died aboard ship off the coast of Panama. In his lifetime the great frontiers were the oceans, and a historian later said, &He lived by the sea, died on it, and was buried in it.& Well, today we can say of the challenger crew: Their dedication was, like Drake’s, complete. The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for the journey and waved goodbye and &slipped the surly bonds of earth& to &touch the face of God.& -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Three days later, President Reagan delivered the following remarks at a memorial service held in Houston following the Challenger disaster, Jan. 31, 1986. We come together today to mourn the loss of seven brave Americans, to share the grief we all feel and, perhaps in that sharing, to find the strength to bear our sorrow and the courage to look for the seeds of hope. Our nation’s loss is first a profound personal loss to the family and the friends and loved ones of our shuttle astronauts. To those they have left behind - the mothers, the fathers, the husbands and wives, brothers, sisters, and yes, especially the children - all of America stands beside you in your time of sorrow. What we say today is only an inadequate expression of what we carry in our hearts. Words pale in they seem insufficient even to measure the brave sacrifice of those you loved and we so admired. Their truest testimony will not be in the words we speak, but in the way they led their lives and in the way they lost those lives - with dedication, honor and an unquenchable desire to explore this mysterious and beautiful universe. The best we can do is remember our seven astronauts - our ChallengerSeven - remember them as they lived, bringing life and love and joy to those who knew them and pride to a nation. They came from all parts of this great country - from South Carolina to Washington S Ohio to Mohawk, New Y Hawaii to North Carolina to Concord, New Hampshire. They were so different, yet in their mission, their quest, they held so much in common. We remember Dick Scobee, the commander who spoke the last words we heard from the space shuttle Challenger. He served as a fighter pilot in Vietnam, earning many medals for bravery, and later as a test pilot of advanced aircraft before joining the space program. Danger was a familiar companion to Commander Scobee. We remember Michael Smith, who earned enough medals as a combat pilot to cover his chest, including the Navy Distinguished Flying Cross, three Air Medals - and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry with Silver Star, in gratitude from a nation that he fought to keep free. We remember Judith Resnik, known as J.R. to her friends, always smiling, always eager to make a contribution, finding beauty in the music she played on her piano in her off-hours. We remember Ellison Onizuka, who, as a child running barefoot through the coffee fields and macadamia groves of Hawaii, dreamed of someday traveling to the Moon. Being an Eagle Scout, he said, had helped him soar to the impressive achievement of his career. We remember Ronald McNair, who said that he learned perseverance in the cotton fields of South Carolina. His dream was to live aboard the space station, performing experiments and playing his saxophone in the wei Ron, we will miss your saxophone and we will build your space station. We remember Gregory Jarvis. On that ill-fated flight he was carrying with him a flag of his university in Buffalo, New York - a small token he said, to the people who unlocked his future. We remember Christa McAuliffe, who captured the imagination of the entire nation, inspiring us with her pluck, her restless a teacher, not just to her students, but to an entire people, instilling us all with the excitement of this journey we ride into the future. We will always remember them, these skilled professionals, scientists and adventurers, these artists and teachers and family men and women, and we will cherish each of their stories - stories of triumph and bravery, stories of true American heroes. On the day of the disaster, our nation held a vigil by our television sets. In one cruel moment, our exhilarat we waited and watched and tried to make sense of what we had seen. That night, I listened to a call-in program on the radio: people of every age spoke of their sadness and the pride they felt in `our astronauts.’ Across America, we are reaching out, holding hands, finding comfort in one another. The sacrifice of your loved ones has stirred the soul of our nation and, through the pain, our hearts have been opened to a profound truth - the future is not free, the story of all human progress is one of a struggle against all odds. We learned again that this America, which Abraham Lincoln called the last best hope of man on Earth, was built on heroism and noble sacrifice. It was built by men and women like our seven star voyagers, who answered a call beyond duty, who gave more than was expected or required, and who gave it with little thought to worldly reward. We think back to the pioneers of an earlier century, and the sturdy souls who took their families and the belongings and set out into the frontier of the American West. Often, they met with terrible hardship. Along the Oregon Trail you can still see the grave markers of those who fell on the way. But grief only steeled them to the journey ahead. Today, the frontier is space and the boundaries of human knowledge. Sometimes, when we reach for the stars, we fall short. But we must pick ourselves up again and press on despite the pain. Our nation is indeed fortunate that we can still draw on immense reservoirs of courage, character and fortitude - that we are still blessed with heroes like those of the space shuttle Challenger. Dick Scobee knew that every launching of a space shuttle is a technological miracle. And he said, if something ever does go wrong, I hope that doesn’t mean the end to the space shuttle program. Every family member I talked to asked specifically that we continue the program, that that is what their departed loved one would want above all else. We will not disappoint them. Today, we promise Dick Scobee and his crew that
that the future they worked so hard to build will become reality. The dedicated men and women of NASA have lost seven members of their family. Still, they too, must forge ahead, with a space program that is effective, safe and efficient, but bold and committed. Man will continue his conquest of space. To reach out for new goals and ever greater achievements - that is the way we shall commemorate our seven Challenger heroes. Dick, Mike, Judy, El, Ron, Greg and Christa - your families and your country mourn your passing. We bid you goodbye. We will never forget you. For those who knew you well and loved you, the pain will be deep and enduring. A nation, too, will long feel the loss of her seven sons and daughters, her seven good friends. We can find consolation only in faith, for we know in our hearts that you who flew so high and so proud now make your home beyond the stars, safe in God’s promise of eternal life. May God bless you all and give you comfort in this difficult time.}

我要回帖

更多关于 里根挑战者号演讲 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信